My playlist!


Saturday, August 2, 2008

I thought I'd share with you a photo that I took at my daughters dance recital rehearsal a month or so ago... this was a difficult one because there was no FLASH allowed during the show. So I had to bring my tripod (cuz camera shake is an issue when you are using a slow shutter speed!) and continuously adjust the camera settings to try to get them just right. Since my daughters performance wasn't until nearly the end of the recital, I had plenty of time to take shots and then adjust camera settings before her class came out and I could get the shot I was looking for. WELL... about halfway through the show (still at least 45 minutes before my daughters class) another parent sitting in the section to my left started taking FLASH pictures of her child up on the stage... and suddenly the place was swarming with staff members... they walked around telling anyone with a camera that they had to put them away.... cuz they didn't know who it was that was using the flash... so EVERYONE was punished because of this darned woman! Anyway... while the staff member was still watching me, I took my camera off the tripod and set it down next to me (in the seat) and then put my tripod away... but I kept the camera next to me. Every now and then I would calmly pick up the camera and take another shot (handheld! YIKES!) and then adjust the camera settings more... by the time my daughters class came out I think that I was ready. Here's the shot that I got... I think it would have been even better if I could have had my tripod still set up, but I'm SO VERY happy with this one! I sent it to several of the moms from her class and they said that this shot was even better than the one they purchased from the professional that was at the show! Hooray for me!!

No comments: