My playlist!


Monday, August 4, 2008

Clean Up time!

My daughter's room always looks exactly like mine did when I was growing up... messy messy messy. So today, while she was at her Nana's house, I decided I was going in there and cleaning it. Now, I don't know about YOU but when I clean my daughters room... things "disappear"... things like old kids meal toys... scraps of paper that she's drawn some sillyness on... stickers that have lost there sticky... anything that's broken...

most often if it's out of sight, it's out of mind, so she doesn't EVER notice the things that are no longer in there.

Well... before I could finish cleaning her room I got a phone call from Nana saying that my daughter was ready to come home. Once we got back home, I enlisted her help with the rest of the room... my thinking being that if she helps me decide where things should go, then maybe she'll remember where to put them when she finishes playing with them! (yeah, I know that it's wishfull thinking... you don't have to tell me!) So as we were sorting through things, we found one of the American Idol toy things from the McD's kids meals... you know those really dumb dolls that sang a snippet of some lame song? We found the cowboy one... it says "yeeeee haaaww" and then plays some funky music... I asked my daughter if she even played with it any longer and she told me no. SO, I told her to go ahead and put it in the garbage.

OMG you would have thought I just told her we were selling Basil (our cat) to the meat market! She told me "well, momma, I hate to see a good toy go to waste so I'll just put it in with the dolls" and I said that since she just told me that she doesn't play with it that she should go ahead and throw it out. LOL She argued a teeny bit more but then agreed to toss it.

We finished up the room and she went off to play with her grampa. At bedtime, after she brushed her teeth and said good night to everyone, I suddenly started hearing that idiotic cowboy doing it's thing right outside my bedroom. She would push the button, listen to it do it's thing and then laugh and laugh... then she'd do it again... and again... I finally said to her "Are you trying to show me that you still play with it so that you don't have to throw it out?" "Yes, momma" was the answer. LOL So I told her to go ahead and put it back in her room. She was happy with that.

SO, after she went to bed... I snuck back in there and grabbed that thing and hid it in my bedroom closet. If she doesn't mention it for the next couple of days... IT'S GONE!

No comments: