My playlist!


Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our day at the beach

Yesterday my daughter and I took a trip to the beach. We were supposed to be meeting our good friend Erin out there, but her husband had other plans for her... they ended up at the golf course instead! (ewww!)

So, it was just she and I. We started off just playing at the very edge of the water... you know, the spot where the water just barely licks the sand. But slowly we made our way deeper. I couldn't go in too far, since I wasn't in a swim suit and I was holding my DSLR camera (that I'd prefer NOT to get salt water in!). I snapped over 150 pictures yesterday (a couple of which are posted on here).

It didn't take very long for my daughter to be completely immersed in the water... we don't get to the beach very often, but when we do she has the TIME of her life! She's just like her daddy was... she just LOVES the beach. I had the best time just watching her having so much fun. She dug holes and watched the little water bugs freaking out and digging themselves back into the sand... "Sea Monkey's" is what she was calling them. She buried her feet in the sand. She filled her mask with "beautiful sea shells" that she wanted to keep forever... but then decided she wanted the mask to fill water into a hole she dug... and she dumped all those shells back out onto the beach. (without a second thought, all of those "favorite" shells suddenly became property of the beach again).

We only stayed for a couple of hours - but that's all we really need of the beach. It was an overcast day, rainy, and the air wasn't hot and muggy like it normally is... it was PERFECT!

I really do need to make an effort to get out there more often. We live so close and yet we hardly ever go. And she had so very much fun playing in the sand and the waves.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sorry I didn't get to hang out with you 2 at the beach. Golfing was much more fun....NOT! But I'm glad you had a good time