My playlist!


Thursday, August 7, 2008

What are YOU honking at?!

Have you ever had one of those days when you became one of the people that you are always making fun of?? The other day I became one of "those" people.

I'm sitting at a traffic light, my mind is going in a million places all at once. When suddenly the lady in the car behind me starts frantically honking her horn. I look in my rear view mirror and see her looking to her right and her left and acting as if she really needs to get somewhere fast. She looked very stressed about something! I watched her for a bit, heard her honking and wondered if I should get out of my car and go back there to see if she was okay... see if she needed to call someone (maybe she didn't have a cell phone). A good minute or more passes with her honkin' and me watching...

...then I hear this little voice in the back seat (it's my daughter, and not my conscience, as it turns out) say "Um, mommy, the light is green" and that's when it all becomes clear...

...that crazy woman behind me is acting the way she is because the light has turned green and I'm just sitting here like a dope. She's trying to figure out how she can get around me without getting into an accident. I'm sure that my face turned red, although for what purpose at this point I really don't know...

imagine how she would have reacted if I had actually gotten out of my car to see what was wrong with her!! I think she might have blown a gasket!!

No comments: